Now let’s talk about how to clean your Home and Flat surfaces properly.Did you know you rarely use pressure in Pressure Washing? I mean, yes we use it, and yes it is necessary, but a Combination of Chemistry (cleaning solutions) and physics (pressure washing) is best. There are all kinds of cool reasons to use the combination of agitation (pressure) and chemistry in your cleaning process:
- Chemistry Kills Mold.
- Chemistry ensures things stay cleaner longer.
- High Pressure cleans out the Pores of surfaces.
- Allowing the chemistry to work better. (refer to #1 & #2 above)
- Chemistry gives suspension while Pressure gives extraction.
- Chemistry gets rid of those pesky lines you see in peoples drive-way. You know the ones that show where exactly their cement and side-walk have been cleaned by a surface cleaner. (note picture below: see those three clean lines down the center of the sidewalk? The cleaner didn’t use bleach and those areas are cleaner because that is where they cleaned the sidewalk “twice” by overlapping that area)
Screen Enclosures and Screens Can Be Soft Washed
Driveways and Sidewalks Can Be Soft Washed or Pressure Washed
Natural Stones: Soft Wash Only
Marble, Limestone, Travertine, Granite, Slate. (explanation of picture: gave a sealer sample to the homeowner for her travertine) Youtube video on before and after of Travertine.
Natural stones are soft and shouldn’t be pressure washed. If they are pressure washed you can expect premature distortion of the stone be enlarging the natural holes (for example travertine) and eroding the sand under the stones. Assuming the stone is on a sand and not on a concrete foundation.
Man Made Products: Porcelain, Grout, Brick, Concrete & Ceramic Tile Soft or Pressure Wash
Pavers: Cleaning, Sanding & Sealing Soft or Pressure Wash
Pavers can be soft washed. This is the preferred method. Pavers that have been repeatedly pressure washed lose their color and sand from the foundation of the paver. Pavers can be gently washed using chemicals when they have been properly sealed and maintained at appropriate intervals. If a paver is cleaned and sealed properly there is no need to add pressure when maintaining the paver assuming the 1 year, recommended, cleaning & sealing interval is kept.
Stripping Old Sealer off Pavers Pressure Wash
White haze shouldn’t be there. We can remove it.
Homes (We make sure this doesn’t happen)
(no pressure only soft washed)
Wood Decks Outside Upholstery and Rugs
(we put a sealer and stain on these outside wood chairs.)
Fences & Walls
Brick, Wood, Metal, Plastic.